Saturday 17 November 2012

Purple

I've never noticed before that Dubbo is so intensely purple.

Dubbo has these Jacaranda trees around a lot of it's streets and I've lived here for nearly 6 years now and never noticed them.

For the last week I've been driving down one particular street that is lined with them to get to work and I've been amazed by them. This morning when I suggested breakfast at our favourite cafe I was also thinking 'ooh I'll get the GoPro to take some pics of those Jacaranda's'.




I'm convinced they are not normally so prolific with their flowers so I wanted to get a pic of it. Terry wasn't keen to ride the bikes today though, so we took the car and I took my camera, Terry said they wont last long and I didn't want to miss that pic.

I got into the street and stopped at the side of the road ... jumped out camera in hand and stood in the middle of the road on a tiny median strip while the traffic buzzed round me. Yeah OK Dubbo traffic isn't that busy .. but there were still more than a couple of old blokes who gave me the look that said he was wondering what the silly broad in the yellow dress was doing taking photos of them as they drove toward her.

Anyway I got one pic that I liked.

Dubbo being purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment